|Tech||iOS / Swift|
Bubble Blast is a puzzle game in which players must eliminate bubbles on the screen by grouping bubbles of the same color in groups of three or more and then bursting them.
Bubble Blast is an iOS application and was developed as part of Problem Sets 3 to 5 in my CS3217 (Software Engineering on Modern Application Platforms) module at NUS School of Computing.
In these problem sets, I was tasked to create a bubble shooter game from scratch. In particular, I had to develop the game and physics engines used by the app as we were not allowed to use SpriteKit or any external library. In the final problem set, I have also added additional bonus features above and beyond the basic requirements of the problem set. Some of these are listed below:
- Endless mode and level generator
- Aim guide displaying the trajectory of the projectile and its final resting position
- Additional special bubbles (rainbow, unknown, viral)
- Special effect animations for special bubbles
- Scoring and move limit system
Bubble Blast was featured under 1st Place in the Hall of Fame for CS3217 AY2018/19 Semester 2.